• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working off charges informant way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meangreen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kentucky I was charged with 3 counts trafficking controlled substance first degree Class C felon _____ this is my first drug offence my past record is just small stuff like driven on suspended... my ple bargain was 6 1/2 years but while I was at court my lawyer said I could work for the D.A office.. I went to my local KSP and talked with them. I was asked if I was doing it for $$ or was I wanting to work off charges. I told him I was looking at working off my charges that I didn't want $$ Can the detective have a say somewhat about my charges being dropped to the D.A's office? He stated to me that if I do good work that I could walk away from the mess as long as I got 4 to 5 others. Have anyone ever heard of something like that? Also as long as I work for them as a informant can my trial be postponed to a later date? He said his words to the D.A office can make a difference on how I would walk or go to pin, that the D.A office listens to alot of what he has to say on if I did a good job or not. I'm wanting to know cause I dont wanna be used an not get me anything good out of it,,, I messed up and all I wanna do is change my life for my kids sake.. I need advice from someone who know about the law or has went though similar situation as I am

dumbiknow

I would try to get something in writting....the cops tried the same thing with my bf to get him to be an informant, but he did not do it, because of the fact that he really did not know anyone, but we are in MINNESOTA so not sure if it means anything. i am not giving legal advice, just from a situation I know someone has been in, if you can get it in writing, which my bf couldn't then it might be worth it right?

JETX

I need advice from someone who know about the law or has went though similar situation as I am
Your answer is in your post!!
"my lawyer"

Ask YOUR lawyer to put your 'deal' in writing and get the prosecutor to sign off on it.

meangreen

Your answer is in your post!!
"my lawyer"

Ask YOUR lawyer to put your 'deal' in writing and get the prosecutor to sign off on it.
it wasnt the police who asked me...the D.A told my lawyer that if I wanted to work, that he would let me, so I guess its for the D.A office, but the detective is the one who told me that I could walk if I got a few

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">