• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong place, Wrong time...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msblack

A friend of my boyfriend asked him to drive his car to follow him to return a rental car. As soon as they leave the friend's house both cars were pulled over and searched. The car my boyfriend was driving (belonging to the friend in the rental car) had crack cocaine under the passenger's seat. This occured in Texas. My boyfriend didn't know it was there. My boyfriend is being held on a 250,000 bond and charged with possession of cocaine-crack. In addition to this, his bond was revoked because he had a possession with intent to distribute Marijuana charge in 1987 in Baltimore, MD. He go out on a 200,000 bond and did not return to court. He has a 30 day hold and is scheduled to appear in front of the judge on the 26th of this month. To make matters worse he is not a US citizen and is possibly facing deportation.

What are his chances of being acquitted and not facing more jail time? What will probably happen?

calatty

A conviction of possessing crack is an aggravated felony under immigration law and subjects a person to permanent "removal," that is, deportation. He should fight the charge at all costs. If it was not his car, then the defense that the drugs were not his stands a chance of success.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">