• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully arrested for being on meth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ineedalawyer87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was arrested in 2006 for being under the influence of meth [I think the charge was HS1150(a) HS]. That was my only charge. I will keep the details short and sweet. I was NOT on meth, I have never done any drugs, and I have a flawless criminal record- never been arrested prior to this. I was 19 at the time of the arrest, and the cop said his reason for arresting me was "dilated pupils and elevated pulse". I spent a few days in jail because I plead not guilty. I posted bail, made a few court appearances, and the case was dismissed after my blood test came back negative of everything, and I mean everything, including marijuana. I want this off of my record completely. This was horribly unjust, and I missed 3 days of work while I was in jail, and 2 days of work while I was going to court.

I am sure nobody actually "did it" but I truly did not. I gave them my blood within an hour of being arrested, and it was clean.

Sounds like I'm leaving something out right? I'm not. Maybe you can begin to understand my frustration. :mad:

What can I do to get my record wiped clean? I want it to appear as if it never happened. I want the file burnt, not just a note added saying I was innocent.

Help please!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">