• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly Accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nmenninger

My brother apparently had a warrant for his arrest in Logan, UT for the distributing of Marijuana; something we were both unaware of a) the warrant, and b) the charge. Currently we are in Flagstaff, AZ and the police came over lastnight to take him to jail.

First he has never tried selling marijuana, or even has been convicted on any such charges at all. I feel that someone has dropped his name out of the blue and resulted in his arrest, a $20,000 bail; $2000 on bond, plus the policemen from Logan, UT, are planning to come here and pick him up from here in Flagstaff.

Being that he's charged in Utah, and locked up here in Arizona, I don't even know where to start.

Please help! Thank you.

N.

F

FKNA

If he can make bond, then do so. If it really was just someone else using his name, I would imagine things would be cleared up with the booking photograph and fingerprints

calatty

Contact a criminal attorney who can get more information on the charges. Once he gets to Utah, an attorney will be appointed for him if he is indigent, or he will have to hire one. Police must have probable cause to arrest someone for a crime. Someone reporting to the police that he sold drugs would not constitute probable cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">