• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st DUI i need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jemx33

Any help is really appreciated I was booked for 23152a DUI

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I was arrested last week for suspicion of under the influence. my questions are i didnt receive a pink slip when arrested by chp or released by the sheriffs office. I also have my license and everyone tells me i should have gotten a pink slip which i didnt. when i call dmv they say its not on their yet in their system how long does it take? should i call everyday up until the 10th day.

during the field test the chp didnt show me results in the breath test and i dont know what the blood test revealed either. how long does that take?

should i get a lawyer? bc i dont even know what to do bc of the whole pink slip issue.

much thanks in advance.

CdwJava

Any help is really appreciated I was booked for 23152a DUI

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I was arrested last week for suspicion of under the influence. my questions are i didnt receive a pink slip when arrested by chp or released by the sheriffs office. I also have my license and everyone tells me i should have gotten a pink slip which i didnt. when i call dmv they say its not on their yet in their system how long does it take? should i call everyday up until the 10th day.
The "pink slip" is a DS 367, also referred to as an "Admin Per Se" form. This is issued if your BAC is .08 or higher, or the officer believes the chemical test will result in a test o f.08 or greater. Since your post indicates only CVC 23152(a) then the BAC is either not known or not yet charged. Had they believed you woul dhave a BAC of .08 or higher you would have also been booked on 23152(b).

during the field test the chp didnt show me results in the breath test and i dont know what the blood test revealed either. how long does that take?
The blood test results will not be known for weeks. This is possibly why there is no Admin Per Se. But, when the results come back you may well be arraigned on 23152(b).

should i get a lawyer? bc i dont even know what to do bc of the whole pink slip issue.
It is always a good idea to consult legal counsel when you are facing criminal charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">