• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 DUIs in one month

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GRCDad

I recently just got a call from my friend who has been arrested for a DUI. He got his first DUI in May and just got his second one two days ago coming from a bar. He asked that I try and see how much time he is facing with the 2nd DUI in a month. He can't post on here as he is still in jail. Thanks. He is in IL.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He is facing mandatory jail time and license suspension and fines. He also might want to consider his alcoholism as being a problem and seek treatment immediately!

GRCDad

I have been trying to get him to calm down on his drinking for some time now to no avail. I am hoping that this finally gives him the wakeup call that he needs. He currently works for a friend of mine who needs to know how long he will be away so that they can find a replacement. Do you know in general how much mandatory time he will get? Is it reasonable to assume that the judge will order some form of AA classes?

Isis1

i'm almost positive he was on probation during the second DUI. if he was, he will also have a probatin violation charge on top of the other fees. and jail time on top of that too.

vacren

With no jail on the first one, IF he went to court and it had already been adjudicated, he was on probation (court supervised, probably without requirement to report in) and a violation of that will reverse any plea offer he received and he's looking at 3mos for the first, PLUS 6-12mos for the second, plus whatever charges the courts throw in for the probation violation. Likely all consecutive. Hopefully he isn't in cook co. You need to get him a lawyer, today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">