• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

23152(a)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

satrad

My 23 year old son crashed his car into a highway guardrail 2 days ago.
Thankfully, he was not injured and no others vehicles were involved. He was coming home from his 2nd job about 10 PM. He works concrete during the day and at a large package delivery company for their night package sort. He said he fell asleep at the wheel.

Anyway, the car is totaled, not drivable and along come the CHP. Long story short, he is administered FST and blew a 0.00.
But he still gets arrested for 23152a with drugs handwritten in on the document. Keep in mind he just hit a guardrail head-on at 50mph. He's a hard working kid and he swears he was not high. OK, they all say that, right? But, I believe him. I believe it is very difficult to look some one in the eye and lie, especially if the question is asked right, and at the right time.

They never drew blood at the jail and I am confused about how the authorities could have any case here at all.
Any advice would be helpful. He will be retaining an attorney.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">