• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

25 y.o. case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

You might tell your case to the DA's office and see if you can get a letter officially nolle prosqui-ing the arrest.

Formerboozer

You might tell your case to the DA's office and see if you can get a letter officially nolle prosqui-ing the arrest.
Thanks Ron but that really wasnt the question. Does anyone think anything negative could come from my poking the sleeping dog by inquiring about the arrest that may have been squashed? I really have no knowledge that it was but i never knew why it 'went away'.

asiny

Now I need to get a 'disposition' on that arrest or i cant get this job im interested in but should i let sleeping dogs lie? I know i cant be tried of course but Im afraid if i stir this up now, that maybe someone will be embarrassed or get in trouble. what do you think? Id like to get the job im looking at but could live without it. Thanks
Technically you asked 2 questions - to which FlyingRon already answered your 1st one.

As to your 2nd - for a 25 year old case - you could always call the state/county/municipal court/police (you don't seem to have listed where this was, which would also help in looking up the statues) to see if there is a bench warrant out for your arrest. If there is no warrant, follow through on what FlyingRon recommended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">