• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd or 3rd offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tunderwo2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
In 2001 I was arrested and convicted for 2nd degree assault
and leaving the scene of an accident after a drunk driving
accident. In 2005 I was arrested and convicted of excessive
BAC. In January of this year I was arrested for DWI. Will
the first convictions of 2nd degree assault and leaving the
scene of an accident be counted to make this my 2nd or 3rd
conviction.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tunderwo2

The convictions I have are 2nd degree assault and leaving the scene of an accident. 2nd degree assault was a class C felony and leaving the scene was a class D felony. I did lose my license for a year and have to take the SATOP classes. I also had to do a year of AA. Several of the punishments for along with other DWI punishments. I'm just not sure how these convictions will figure in. The crimes were alcohol related but it doesn't say that in the court documents and so far they are only charging me with a misdemeanor for a prior offender and not a felony for a persistent offender.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One can only hope it's counted as a 3rd conviction. You just don't seem to "get" it.

Antigone*

To quote a good friend of mine (SilverPlum);).

You could have killed someone. You better hope I'm not on that jury.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">