• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Dui In Ca... Moving To Co

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feinded

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a 2nd dui in ca. I am moving to Colorado, if the court will transfer my dui classes. I want to know...

CA DMV will not let you do your dui program for CA DMV in another state?!?! I called DMV and thats what they told me.

What Do I need to do to get a license in CO? CO dmv told me Ca had a hold on it. So no way shape or form can i get a license in Co until Ca releases the hold?

Are there anyways around this? Im not looking to cheat the law in anyway, but Ca just makes it so difficult .

I was also told by CA DMV that they give you a one time "pass" if you decide not to do the DUI program for them. You just have to way the 2 year suspension i guess.

Anyways I hope this is enough information thanks to anyone that can help!

FlyingRon

You should finish your classes.
No way you are getting a license in Colorado until your suspension has been listed in California.
Things are supposed to be hard on two time losers.

feinded

Two time losers? I came here for some advice! Not to be insulted! You know nothing about my case or circumstances. Nothing about my life or me for that matter. If you get off on insulting people on a forum then you are just as stupid as someone who gets a 2nd DUI. Thanks for informing me of my "idiot" status Mr perfect.

CdwJava

Well, you DO have two convictions (based on your own statement), hence the comment about being a two time loser.

In any event, the process is designed to try and deter you from driving impaired again - it is not supposed to be easy.

You can always contact a CA attorney and pay him or her to do what you need, or, you can leap through whatever hoops the DMV sets for you. If not, then it may be time to look into public transportation for a while.

- Carl

FlyingRon

You were the one who came here whining about how hard California was on you. I gave you the valid and correct advice. If you didn't like the tone remember what the name of this web site is. As CDW says, feel free to actually pay for the advice and hopefully they will be less frank with you.

feinded

You were the one who came here whining about how hard California was on you. I gave you the valid and correct advice. If you didn't like the tone remember what the name of this web site is. As CDW says, feel free to actually pay for the advice and hopefully they will be less frank with you.
Believe me i accept full responsibility for my actions. I agree I am an idiot, the people I could have hurt or killed or damage I could have caused. Anyways, since i cant seem to find the answers here does anyone have any suggestions besides a paid attorney where I can go?

CdwJava

Believe me i accept full responsibility for my actions. I agree I am an idiot, the people I could have hurt or killed or damage I could have caused. Anyways, since i cant seem to find the answers here does anyone have any suggestions besides a paid attorney where I can go?
What kind of answer are you seeking?

You can speak to the CA DMV, or you can hire an attorney. I'm not sure how many other answers you can get other than suggesting you go ahead and break the law and drive on a suspended license.

But, I suppose you can peruse the net for other boards and see how creative other legal boards might be. But, the bottom line is that you will end up having to deal with the DMV. So, work your way up the food chain there if you can.

- Carl

feinded

What kind of answer are you seeking?

You can speak to the CA DMV, or you can hire an attorney. I'm not sure how many other answers you can get other than suggesting you go ahead and break the law and drive on a suspended license.

But, I suppose you can peruse the net for other boards and see how creative other legal boards might be. But, the bottom line is that you will end up having to deal with the DMV. So, work your way up the food chain there if you can.

- Carl
Carl, thanks! Im going to call DMV tomorrow. I have a court date set for Fri to get my classes transfered if possible. Hopefully it goes well. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">