• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd DUI question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkodakm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
My friend just got his second DUI in one in a half years, he is currently in jail because he had a couple months left on his probation. Here are the facts of the second DUI. His accident happened about 8:00am in the morning on his way to work when he pulled in front of a car, no injuries. I haven't had too much of a chance to speak with him, but he refused the FST and breath test. He did drink the night before but was in bed before midnight. I'm not sure how much he had to drink that night but it was most likely enough to get a pretty big hangover. I don't know if he smelled of alcohol or maybe his eyes were red, but when the cops saw he was on probation I'm sure they assumed he was drunk. He is getting a lawyer, just wanted to get some opinion to see if he has a chance.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
My friend just got his second DUI in one in a half years, he is currently in jail because he had a couple months left on his probation. Here are the facts of the second DUI. His accident happened about 8:00am in the morning on his way to work when he pulled in front of a car, no injuries. I haven't had too much of a chance to speak with him, but he refused the FST and breath test. He did drink the night before but was in bed before midnight. I'm not sure how much he had to drink that night but it was most likely enough to get a pretty big hangover. I don't know if he smelled of alcohol or maybe his eyes were red, but when the cops saw he was on probation I'm sure they assumed he was drunk. He is getting a lawyer, just wanted to get some opinion to see if he has a chance.
... a chance for what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">