• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd DWI 8 yrs ago in Michigan, I had a court date with a for sure jail time, I skiped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shortieg

What is the name of your state?Michigan 8 yrs ago I had my 2nd DWI and I had a court date with a 100% chance of jail time, never showed up in court, A few months later got stoped by the police (still in Michigan ) was arrested for not showing in court, I spent 1 day in jail paid bail, and had to go to court a few days later I decided to move out state. I want to fix this mess but do not want to go to jail for sure. Any advice

craigblitz

Honestly it would be nice if we could determine what our own punishment was, but the fact of the matter is we can't!!

seniorjudge

shortieg said:
What is the name of your state?Michigan 8 yrs ago I had my 2nd DWI and I had a court date with a 100% chance of jail time, never showed up in court, A few months later got stoped by the police (still in Michigan ) was arrested for not showing in court, I spent 1 day in jail paid bail, and had to go to court a few days later I decided to move out state. I want to fix this mess but do not want to go to jail for sure. Any advice
The only way to solve this is to serve your time.

eek!

:eek: DUDE-- go and fix this ASAP!
It WILL NOT get any better... you will NOT be able to "run" forever!
Eventually it will catch up to you--- and it will not be any better-
if anything... More charges Will Be added.
GET A LAWYER
(yeah I know same thing said over and over on here)
But Really- You NEED A Lawyer BADTIME.

Next time you may not be so lucky as to even be Let Out On Bail.
You are prooving to be a "flight risk".
So be prepared for your next "pullover"!
It is not going to be as easy as the others...
GET IT FIXED ASAP.

States all "share" this info- they WILL have all of it from day one.

So Get Straight- and Get Moving on this. It WILL not go away.

GOOD LUCK!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

If memory serves me, I don't think Charlie Manson wanted to go to prison, either. Hmmmmm. I think there are some similarities here . . .

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">