• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicepi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. This past weekend my boyfriend was pulled over for speeding and ended up being arrested for OVI. He has a previous OVI conviction from 2008. He refused the field sobriety tests and the breathalyzer, which was previous advice given from his lawyer on the first offense to never take any tests. At this point what are his options, what is he facing? What are the possibilities of getting the charge reduced?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. This past weekend my boyfriend was pulled over for speeding and ended up being arrested for OVI. He has a previous OVI conviction from 2008. He refused the field sobriety tests and the breathalyzer, which was previous advice given from his lawyer on the first offense to never take any tests. At this point what are his options, what is he facing? What are the possibilities of getting the charge reduced?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
For a second offense OVI in Ohio within 6 years he is facing:

If BAC was 0.17 or lower, minimum 10 days in jail. If over 0.17, minimum 20 days in jail.

Fines from $525 to $1625

Loss of license for 1 to 5 years (I suspect it might be on the higher end since the refusal itself is cause for license suspension)

Required yellow DUI plates on his car

He will have to wear a SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitoring) device around his ankle.​

He needs a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">