• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 DWI's will this still work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jabibi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
So I currently live in North Carolina. I have had 3 DWI's. I was charged with one DWI in 2003. I was charged and convicted in 2003. I later had two more DWI's while driving with a revoked license on both. one in 2005 and one in 2007. I was convicted December 9th 2008 on both. My license has been permanently suspended in the State of North Carolina until December 9th 2011. Well I have put this all behind me now. Done my alcohol classes and paid all my fines. I have recently been offered a job in New Zealand. If I want to apply for the license there it will take a learners permit for 6 months then I can drive. But, this position will only be open for the next month and it requires a driver's license. If I have any form of american driver's license they will be able to accept me for this position. Now I would like to get a Drivers license of some sort. I know I can't get one in North Carolina. Is there another state I can go that will either allow me to get a license or some type of restricted license? I have family/friends in South Carolina/Florida/New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania/California/Washington State/Louisiana/Texas/Michigan. Any of my friends who live in these places would have no problem letting me use there address or adding me to their insurance policy if it would help. Thank you

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
So I currently live in North Carolina. I have had 3 DWI's. I was charged with one DWI in 2003. I was charged and convicted in 2003. I later had two more DWI's while driving with a revoked license on both. one in 2005 and one in 2007. I was convicted December 9th 2008 on both. My license has been permanently suspended in the State of North Carolina until December 9th 2011. Well I have put this all behind me now. Done my alcohol classes and paid all my fines. I have recently been offered a job in New Zealand. If I want to apply for the license there it will take a learners permit for 6 months then I can drive. But, this position will only be open for the next month and it requires a driver's license. If I have any form of american driver's license they will be able to accept me for this position. Now I would like to get a Drivers license of some sort. I know I can't get one in North Carolina. Is there another state I can go that will either allow me to get a license or some type of restricted license? I have family/friends in South Carolina/Florida/New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania/California/Washington State/Louisiana/Texas/Michigan. Any of my friends who live in these places would have no problem letting me use there address or adding me to their insurance policy if it would help. Thank you
They would be idiots to do such a thing. Thank goodness for them, it is not posible.

FlyingRon

To reiterate what antigone is saying. No state will issue you a license if you are revoked in another state.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And, if you DO slip through the cracks, expect even tougher penalties when they catch on to your lies on your application.

Jabibi

I was just trying to get some more feedback. There is no doubt it's a long shot but I just wanted to get some insight... maybe someone had some experience in this or knew someone who had some experience. When I did my alcohol classes, two people had told me I could get a license in california and one person had done it. With that being said, you don't meet the most sane people in those classes...

cyjeff

I was just trying to get some more feedback. There is no doubt it's a long shot but I just wanted to get some insight... maybe someone had some experience in this or knew someone who had some experience. When I did my alcohol classes, two people had told me I could get a license in california and one person had done it. With that being said, you don't meet the most sane people in those classes...
It is not possible.

Further, it borders on fraud.

This site will not help you bypass the law.

I am sorry about your opportunity lost. That is the price of your past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">