• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 month alcohol program v.s. 12 Hour 1 time class...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JV25

In California, if you get convicted of a DUI, can your lawyer try to reduce the penalties? (example: 12 hour alcohol class instead of the typical 3 month alcohol program) My case is in January and I want to get the penalties over with ASAP. Will my lawyer be able to reduce the "3 month alcohol program" to 2 months or less?

Or Not

In California, if you get convicted of a DUI, can your lawyer try to reduce the penalties? (example: 12 hour alcohol class instead of the typical 3 month alcohol program) My case is in January and I want to get the penalties over with ASAP. Will my lawyer be able to reduce the "3 month alcohol program" to 2 months or less?

Short answer: Yes your lawyer can attempt to get the penalties reduced.

Long answer: The only way you can qualify for a 12 hour class to go for a wet reckless charge instead of the DUI. Odds of success of pleading down to a wet reckless charge depend on numerous factors, including your BAC, what county were you in, if it was your first offense and so forth. Consult a local DUI attorney immediately for more detailed information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">