• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd DWI with NY/NJ cross state issues...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KBLUTH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK

I have an old DWI from NJ 10 years ago. I moved out to Long Island and have foolishly received 2 more in the last 3 years. I never changed over to NY so my guess is I will lose it for 10 years. I'm on trial in NY for Felony DWI right now. I refused the breath test so once that goes through to the NJ system they are sure to suspend for 10. is there a chance they will suspend it for longer?

SIN EATER

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK

I have an old DWI from NJ 10 years ago. I moved out to Long Island and have foolishly received 2 more in the last 3 years. I never changed over to NY so my guess is I will lose it for 10 years. I'm on trial in NY for Felony DWI right now. I refused the breath test so once that goes through to the NJ system they are sure to suspend for 10. is there a chance they will suspend it for longer?

Regarding your dilemma -- my tolerance, patience and human empathy is completely missing.

THREE Duis.
And you're worried about how soon you can get back on the road ??!!

I hope they fry your sorry butt.

KBLUTH

Reply to comment

SIN EATER,

I'm only trying to figure out my situation and decide if I should take my current case to trial. I understand your opinion but you don't know my current situation or how much I'm trying to change my life. My recent arrest was while I was parked and wasn't driving. My concern is my refusal and possible plea to avoid a felony in NY. If I'm facing 20 years revocation then I plan on fighting my current charge. Throwing stones doesn't help my situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">