• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd offense DUI, house arrest, but in jail for pretrial misdemeanor. What is that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fferguson

My friend was placed on house arrest after his 2nd or 3rd offense DUI (I believe his 3rd) He was sentenced to 2-1/2 years and only had about a year left. However, I haven't been able to get ahold of him lately and I had a hunch that maybe he was back in jail. Sure enough, I checked online for our states (West Virginia) current inmates and there he was! It says he was booked on 3/2/16 (so it's been over a month), his bail is set at $1,000, and above his name it says PTM - Pretrial Misdemeanor. What does that mean? Did he violate his house arrest or is this a whole new charge?:confused:

Silverplum

My friend was placed on house arrest after his 2nd or 3rd offense DUI (I believe his 3rd) He was sentenced to 2-1/2 years and only had about a year left. However, I haven't been able to get ahold of him lately and I had a hunch that maybe he was back in jail. Sure enough, I checked online for our states (West Virginia) current inmates and there he was! It says he was booked on 3/2/16 (so it's been over a month), his bail is set at $1,000, and above his name it says PTM - Pretrial Misdemeanor. What does that mean? Did he violate his house arrest or is this a whole new charge?:confused:
This is not your business. And you don't need to post more than one thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">