• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 DUI's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EHFAR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Someone I know has been arrested and charged with four DUI's in the last 10 years. They have also been arrested FIVE times for driving on a revoked/suspended license, the most recent in September 2007. That's 9 arrests since 1995 (not counting the ones for assault, robbery, and domestic violence.)

This individual still has a valid drivers license for the state of TN. How would this be possible? I have researched TN law, and it states that DUI number 4 is a class E felony and the license is revoked for a MINIMUM of five years. So this person should not have a drivers license, but does.

What steps would he have had to take in order to be able to keep his license?

EHFAR

you are correct. let me rephrase...

Someone I know has been arrested, charged AND convicted of four DUI's in the last 10 years. They have also been arrested FIVE times for driving on a revoked/suspended license, the most recent in September 2007. That's 9 arrests since 1995 (not counting the ones for assault, robbery, and domestic violence.)

This individual still has a valid drivers license for the state of TN. How would this be possible? I have researched TN law, and it states that DUI number 4 is a class E felony and the license is revoked for a MINIMUM of five years. So this person should not have a drivers license, but does.

What steps would he have had to take in order to be able to keep his license?

EHFAR

Would it be possible that this person simply hasn't had his day in court yet to be sentenced? Or, if he has been to court, could I find the outcome? Is that public record? How could I find that out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">