• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4th offense (actually 3 counts 2nd offense)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starman1950

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? PA I have recieved my 4th DUI in PA during the year 2000 (June, Oct,Dec.) The charges were actually all 2nd offenses as I was never convicted of a 2nd offense. I have been clean and sober for 4 years now. Attend college and graduated with a 4.0 average. Completed all phases of my sentence (parole, community service, fines, etc) I was a volunteer and chairperson for the area AA hotline and continue to serve the community. I also am an instructor in a drug and alcohol treatment facility. I have tried to reinstate my driving priveleges. I work in another city, sometimes public transportation isn't available. I have had nothing on my record while suspended. I have 4+ years to go on my suspensions including 5 years for being a habitual offender. I feel the suspension is excessive given the circumstances. Not as an excuse but bi-polar disorder does enter into the picture. Is there anything I can possibly do?? I have written every public official I could and got no responses. I am now trying to get a governor's pardon for the crimes. I don't now if it covers DUI. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Please Clarify

The way I read this is you just got your 4th DUI, but you said you've been clean for 4 years.

Can you clarify things a little?

Bravo8

Alcohol Free-

What I think the poster means is that he / she recieved 4 DUI charges, with the last 3 in late 2000. Often times multiple DUI offenses committed prior to conviction of the earlier ones will be counted as multiple counts of the same offense.

So why he was arrested 4 times for 4 separate offenses, they all occured in such a short period of time in the year 2000 that he had not been convicted on the 2nd or 3rd offense. So he serves the penalties of a 2nd offense three times over instead of the increased penalties of a 3rd and 4th offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">