• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acquiring a restricted license when license suspended in GA & FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jcdavis178

GA, Hi all,
I pled guilty to a FL DUI on 4/6/16 and a second GA DUI on 4/12/16. I reviewed a letter from the OCGA stating that I will be eligible to receive a restricted permit on 8/6/16. All I have been able to find out about what I need to do is pay a $200 fee to both states and provide proof of completion of my DUI school. My question is what exactly do I need to do other than send the FL and GA DDS these requirements?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
GA, Hi all,
I pled guilty to a FL DUI on 4/6/16 and a second GA DUI on 4/12/16. I reviewed a letter from the OCGA stating that I will be eligible to receive a restricted permit on 8/6/16. All I have been able to find out about what I need to do is pay a $200 fee to both states and provide proof of completion of my DUI school. My question is what exactly do I need to do other than send the FL and GA DDS these requirements?
I bet that FL and GA haven't realized what's going on in the other state yet.

Keep in mind that, if FL suspends your license/driving privileges, they will also be suspended in GA, and vice versa.

Jcdavis178

Keep in mind that, if FL suspends your license/driving privileges, they will also be suspended in GA, and vice versa.
They have since my 1st court date on 4/6.

Jcdavis178

No, they haven't - not the respective motor vehicle departments...
Well when I tried to get my hardship the first time they said it was suspended in FL and my FL lawyer said that they did know about the 1st one in GA. And with that, FL will try to make it difficult for me to get a hardship down there so I can get one up here in GA

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well when I tried to get my hardship the first time they said it was suspended in FL and my FL lawyer said that they did know about the 1st one in GA. And with that, FL will try to make it difficult for me to get a hardship down there so I can get one up here in GA
As I said before: Keep in mind that, if FL suspends your license/driving privileges, they will also be suspended in GA, and vice versa.

Jcdavis178

As I said before: Keep in mind that, if FL suspends your license/driving privileges, they will also be suspended in GA, and vice versa.
I'm aware of that. As I said before it is suspended in both states. What I need to know is what needs to be done to get my FL and GA hardship license. My understanding so far is that I will have to get the one in FL before GA will issue one to me. I've also heard that FL won't issue one without having one from GA so how should I go about making sure j can get back and forth to work?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I think what you are referring to is your driving privilege.

Most states (probably all of them) will not allow you to hold a valid license from more than one state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">