• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol and drug treatment vs. alcohol classes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdunno

California

I recently graduated from a drug and alcohol treatment center in southern California. In 2003, I had been convicted of a DUI and sentenced to a fine, a year's license suspension, and mandatory alcohol classes.

According to the Riverside County Superior Courthouse online documentation, "In most DUI-DWI cases in Riverside County a court will order convicted individuals to attend an Alcohol Education Program. First offender alcohol programs consists of 36 hours of course study, fulfilled by attending one three-hour session for 12 weeks or be enrolled in a six or nine-month program, depending on their blood alcohol level."

I completed the 60 day program and graduated. However, DMV needs electronic submission of proof of completion of my Alcohol Eduation Program. However, the rehabilitation company I completed doesn't know how to, or even if they are- an authorized state program qualified for certification.

It is a reknown company in Southern California and has a definitive and proven record of success, myself included. However, the DMV informed me that the company must submit the necessary proof of completion electonically to Sacramento. It is not something I can prove in person. Not even a notorized letter qualifies.

The company is currently restructuring and so the Exectutive Director is new. He is unaware if the company qualifies for this state certification. I have called numerous times to have them submit proof of my completion of my alcohol treatment program, but no one is helping me.

The DMV will not lift the restriction from my license until they receive proof of this completion. What should I do? BTW, the name of the treatment center is A Better Tomorrow.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

I recently graduated from a drug and alcohol treatment center in southern California. In 2003, I had been convicted of a DUI and sentenced to a fine, a year's license suspension, and mandatory alcohol classes.

According to the Riverside County Superior Courthouse online documentation, "In most DUI-DWI cases in Riverside County a court will order convicted individuals to attend an Alcohol Education Program. First offender alcohol programs consists of 36 hours of course study, fulfilled by attending one three-hour session for 12 weeks or be enrolled in a six or nine-month program, depending on their blood alcohol level."

I completed the 60 day program and graduated. However, DMV needs electronic submission of proof of completion of my Alcohol Eduation Program. However, the rehabilitation company I completed doesn't know how to, or even if they are- an authorized state program qualified for certification.

It is a reknown company in Southern California and has a definitive and proven record of success, myself included. However, the DMV informed me that the company must submit the necessary proof of completion electonically to Sacramento. It is not something I can prove in person. Not even a notorized letter qualifies.

The company is currently restructuring and so the Exectutive Director is new. He is unaware if the company qualifies for this state certification. I have called numerous times to have them submit proof of my completion of my alcohol treatment program, but no one is helping me.

The DMV will not lift the restriction from my license until they receive proof of this completion. What should I do? BTW, the name of the treatment center is A Better Tomorrow.
Is the program approved for what you need it for? If not, then it won't work for you. Didn't you check that out BEFORE you started the program?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">