• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol Evaluation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsMojoRisin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am going to get my Alcohol Evaluation for my first DUI this coming Tuesday. I just want to know if anyone can tell me what to expect. I have every intention of telling the truth about how much I drink and such, but someone told me that even if you tell them alcoholism is in your family (and it definitely is) that can put you at a higher level for being a problem drinker, and I definitely only drink when socializing, never alone. Since I was stupid and got this DUI, I have cut back on drinking almost 100%, with the occasional beer with dinner at a restaurant. Getting the DUI really did scare me and I will not drink and drive again, but I'm just worried that with the evaluation my old habits will be more noticed than my newly adopted ones and I will still be labeled a problem drinker and will then have to take the 26 week Alcohol course rather than the 12. Any advice and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

BL

MsMojoRisin said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am going to get my Alcohol Evaluation for my first DUI this coming Tuesday. I just want to know if anyone can tell me what to expect. I have every intention of telling the truth about how much I drink and such, but someone told me that even if you tell them alcoholism is in your family (and it definitely is) that can put you at a higher level for being a problem drinker, and I definitely only drink when socializing, never alone. Since I was stupid and got this DUI, I have cut back on drinking almost 100%, with the occasional beer with dinner at a restaurant. Getting the DUI really did scare me and I will not drink and drive again, but I'm just worried that with the evaluation my old habits will be more noticed than my newly adopted ones and I will still be labeled a problem drinker and will then have to take the 26 week Alcohol course rather than the 12. Any advice and/or suggestions will be appreciated.
You are correct ,that if there is a Family history of alcohol abuse , it increases your risk . Something hereditary .

I would be prepared to be Labeled . Most people do not like to be labeled , but that's life . I'm sure that your new habits are much better, but there is always the risk of going back to MORE .

Be prepared to take whatever comes your way , be sincere ,finish the recommendations , and you should be fine .
By the way , you can't con someone that's been there or seen it all .

Sort a Like ya can't con a con . Good Luck .

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Just tell the truth and accept the consequences. This evaluation is not going to affect your court case. You may expect to fill out a lengthy form first, then meet with an evaluator. If they determine that you need further alcohol counseling, they are probably right. This is about helping you, not working up a case against you.

Jabo

Don't lie

georgia.The evaluation that they are giving you is to find out what type of class to put you in.I would not suggest on lying on the fact as that some of the questions are repeated in a different matter to see if you are telling the truth.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Hope the evaluation went well. For anyone facing this, it's a cinch. Yes, they will ask about family history, and they will ask you how much you drink on average. There are also many questions on the form, and those are designed so that the evaluator can look for inconsistencies. Also, he or she will probably ask you to describe in detail, the entire day that led to your arrest and will ask what, if anything, was different about that day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">