• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anon tip dui?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? AZ

My ex husband routinely drives after drinking. I don't care too much if he does this alone but when he has my 5 year old son I worry. Would it be ok to call the police on him if I know he's driving after drinking as an anon. caller?

Thank you. We've been divorced for just over a month but been apart for a year and a half, but I know where he hangs out to party. Just don't know if he keeps the same schedule of bar hopping that he used to (based on atm withdrawals, believe it or not).

K

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Be careful or you could find yourself charged with stalking. And you better be damn sure he is drunk or you would be subjecting your child to seeing his father pulled over by police. Oh and anonymous calls are not necessarily anonymous.

fairisfair

Thank you. We've been divorced for just over a month but been apart for a year and a half, but I know where he hangs out to party. Just don't know if he keeps the same schedule of bar hopping that he used to (based on atm withdrawals, believe it or not).

K
you don't honestly expect the police to sit outside and wait for him to leave do you?

Maybe to scope out all of the cars in the parking lot?

You mean that he TAKES your 5 year old son with him to a bar (based on ATM withdrawals, I am assuming that this place IS a bar0???

or you just want to get him busted while he is out drinking by himself????

and no, I don't condone drinking and driving, but I sure as heck don't condone this kind of crap either.

paguy88

NO one likes a drinker and driver....

BUT a snitch is EVEN WORSE...

you need to man up and not let your child with him if he drinks and drives with him in the car...

if you know he is doing this what kind of mother are you to let you child drive with a drunk?

don't mean to be harsh but it seems like you are more worried about getting him busted instead of your childs well being...

I am surprised no one pointed this out before me.

fairisfair

you need to man up and not let your child with him if he drinks and drives with him in the car...

if you know he is doing this what kind of mother are you to let you child drive with a drunk?

don't mean to be harsh but it seems like you are more worried about getting him busted instead of your childs well being...

Yeah , I would be surprised too. if TWO people HADN'T pointed it out before you. LOL

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Dude, she has a court order. Unless she can prove that he is drunk when he picks the child up she has to let him go with said child. And considering the divorce was just a bit over a month ago she should have expressed these concerns THEN and not try to backdoor it now. A court would not be happy that she suddenly decides to start denying visitation.

Replys

Jeez,

I asked for legal advice, not the morality police. I have never denied visitation. We have joint custody and my son lives with his father full time. I DID bring this drinking issue up many times to both his and my lawyer during the divorce proceedings and all I got from them is a promise that he would never drink and drive with my son in the truck. For those who say, it's not just my son, you are right. He has a father. However, I do not drink and drive. So yeah, I can be pissy about this.

I don't stalk my ex. I don't care if the police know who is calling a tip about a drunk driver - I just want to make sure the police don't discount the tip just because it's the ex calling. How many of you think I'm just being vindictive????? I lost everything in the divorce, and the only thing worth anything to me is my boys. I tried to take my 5 year old with me but because of the brain injury I sustained a couple of years ago I had to make a decision about where was best for him. In every other way my ex is ok, I just worry about my son getting hurt because my ex drinks and drives. I don't know if I can prove it anyway, but if he told me he stops at bars on the way home several times a week to unwind. Duh, he drank alcohol. He didn't just pay the strippers money.

I know now some of you are going to come back to bite my tail about how I am an unfit mom and how could I let my son go with the ex when I know he's been drinking. I don't know how often he has my son with him in the truck, or if he even does. I just worry. Aren't I allowed to worry? I haven't called the police on him. I haven't done anything bad - I just asked if I could call the police if I knew he was drunk and driving? I've confronted him and he denies doing this at all but come on, if you are at a bar for a couple of hours several times a week, you are probably drinking alcohol. I have not threatened him but if I smell alcohol on his breath when I see him I won't let my son ride with him. I'll drive myself.

Sorry I got your panties in a knot. Go preach to somebody else. I got my legal advice. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">