• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

apply for out of state license before court date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MotorCityMac

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have this friend (really) who just got arrested for her 2nd DUI within 7 years . She knows her license will be suspended for some time, which will be devastating, as she is in outside sales.

She has not yet been arraigned. The question is this: can she go to another state now and apply for a license before she goes to court and this new offense is in "the system"? (I don't even know what "the system" is, other than I realize some or all states now share such info)

Please advise. Thanks!

Mac

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

It's been done in the past, but the computers today are updated quickly so it's not likely. She also, if she did this successfully, be in a position where if she's caught, she would probably get jail time. Driving on a suspended is serious, and just because you possess another license from another state, does not mean you are not still driving with a suspended license. Read around on this forum. A guy did just this and got pulled over for a minor traffic ticket. He was promply arrested. Cops access the information from their cruisers instantly. This is a risk not worth taking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">