• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ard conditons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JAM007

What is the name of your state? nj
does anyone know the ard condtions. would an first time dui arrested in pa, but a nj licensed driver who is currently serving probation that is about to be espunged in nj, be giving an opportunity for ard?

paguy88

if you look at the program... ARD

you have to be clean for 10 years to be eligable... even if he is up for expungment.. but still on probation..

would this DUI arrest not be in voilation of his probation?

also would that not mean he did something with in the past 10 years to get himself on probation? thus no ARD?

or is my train of thought off here?

JAM007

response

we are not really sure if it is violation yet. I talk to the nj attorney who represented him for the nj and was told that in nj it is considered a driving offense and in pa a criminal offense. I cannot afford another attorney and was going to seek public defendent for the dui. Also, would you know if the State of NJ surcharges are affected if dui occured in PA

JAM007

response

ARD is pretty much at the discretion of the prosecutor. What does your lawyer say?
I spoke to an Pa/nj licensed attorney. he doesn't think that he would be able to get ard and would probably try to get 72 flat. I think that is where you enter a rehab at their direction for 3 days at their selected location

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">