• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ARD in PA, drivers license is RI but relocating to GA the day after my ARD hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steve3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa,ri,ga

Was accepted into the ARD program, says up to 2 years probation. I was told 12 months. Anyways I have court in a few weeks. My dilemma is, I have a RI drivers license,but the day after my ARD hearing in PA I will be moving to GA. Since I am out of state will they take my license on the spot or will they just ban me from driving in PA since I am out of state?

Is it possible to request them to wait a day so I can make the drive to GA where I will be living?

I know GA is exempt from the driver license compact which is a good thing for me. My question is, what is my best option? Call my my insurance and tell them my new GA address before or after my court date? I am just trying to do what's best for me, please do not take it as if I am trying to work the system. I just don't know how to play this. I will be talking to my attorney tonight. Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">