• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ARD Program AZ? NEED HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hill4984

Hey I live in AZ, I was just wondering if they have ARD in az?...I recently got my second dui and cant afford to go through this again...ive worked real hard to get my life together again and this happens...Im going to admit I have a problem and need help. Im in the process of trying to get a career with the border patrol and cant afford to loose my license again...what can I do?

FlyingRon

ARD is a Pennsylvania thing and you wouldn't qualify there. It's only for those with no priors.
Hopefully you weren't also over .15. Arizona is very tough on DUI. You'd better get a lawyer but I'd also be getting my affairs in order for a month's stay in the Maricopa Hilton.

Hey I live in AZ, I was just wondering if they have ARD in az?...I recently got my second dui and cant afford to go through this again...ive worked real hard to get my life together again and this happens...Im going to admit I have a problem and need help. Im in the process of trying to get a career with the border patrol and cant afford to loose my license again...what can I do?
In the state of Arizona you may be looking at the following penalties for a 2nd DUI offense (within 5 years of your prior conviction):

Misdemeanor offense
30-90 day minimum to 6 month maximum jail sentence
$500 minimum to maximum $2500 fine (plus surcharges)
Probation for 5 years
1 year driver’s license revocation
Traffic school
Community service
Alcohol screening and counseling
Reinstatement fees
Must reapply for driver’s license
Points on driving record
Ignition Interlock Device installation on all your vehicles
Possible confiscation of vehicle
Permanent mark on criminal record

Penalties for 2nd offense DUI can be very costly. It will cost you around $1000 just to install one ignition interlock device into a vehicle. In addition, under a 2nd offense DUI conviction the ignition interlock device would be mandatory for up to one year.

Your chances of getting a federal job with the Border Patrol are zero with 2 DUI's.

Hill4984

R u sure my chances are zero? cuz they are currently doing a background chk on me for a GL-5 and I havent even gone to court yet...

I can't say for sure. Many times a small misdemeanor offense will not keep you out of government service, HOWEVER, failure to disclose that information on your background investigation will close your case for good. Any arrest will more than likely throw your file into Arrest Review. AR is a weeding out process that the Border Patrol does to examine applicants on a case by case basis to determine eligibility. Problems with bad credit and other blotches in your background should also be disclosed. They WILL find out. 2 DUI's will virtually guarantee ineligibility for any type of government service.

Hill4984

This is basically what happened...I got my second dui on this past sunday, if my case is still pending how are they gonna find out?

The arrest and charge can possibly show up on your record. You can be looking at further criminal charges if you lied on your form and did not disclose your first DUI. You may have a hard time explaining to the academy why you have to go see your PO or why your car is outfitted with an interlock.

JIMinCA

I can't say for sure. Many times a small misdemeanor offense will not keep you out of government service, HOWEVER, failure to disclose that information on your background investigation will close your case for good. Any arrest will more than likely throw your file into Arrest Review. AR is a weeding out process that the Border Patrol does to examine applicants on a case by case basis to determine eligibility. Problems with bad credit and other blotches in your background should also be disclosed. They WILL find out. 2 DUI's will virtually guarantee ineligibility for any type of government service.
Dude... you are absolutely clueless. I have worked for the federal government for about 25 years as a Naval Officer and as a civil service supervisory engineer. There are TONS of people working for federal service with 2 DUIs. As a matter of fact, the only issue DUIs would have with federal service is if there was a TS security clearance required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hill4984

Dude... you are absolutely clueless. I have worked for the federal government for about 25 years as a Naval Officer and as a civil service supervisory engineer. There are TONS of people working for federal service with 2 DUIs. As a matter of fact, the only issue DUIs would have with federal service is if there was a TS security clearance required.

Omg Jim you just made my day....so what do u just suggest I do..I received my dui this past sunday like I stated...I have an oral board with the border patrol on da 6th...I barely passed my written yesterday..still have not sent in the background paperwork yet and all of the other documents. My other dui was received in may 07...On the paperwork should I list everything n be truthful I really dont want to do that since ive been going to school for criminal justice for 2 yrs already and this is what I want to be. List the current arrrest and everything that is the only blemishes on my record...

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">