• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona Statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marty9103

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was arrested on 7-4-04 for three misdemeanor dui charges, the highest charge was extreme dui. I was involved in an accident ( I rear ended another vehicle). I went to court several times. Finally, I overheard the prosecutor tell the judge that he was "DISMISSING WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and he was going to refile felony charges. The judge then called me to the bench and claimed that the charges were dropped and that they could file within one year. My final court date was 9-30-04. What is the statute of limitations ? If they do not refile by 9-29-05 am I all clear of the charges ? I know that the injured person may file a suit against me in civil court later. However, I am more concerned about the DUI charge at this point.

Happy Trails

marty9103 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was arrested on 7-4-04 for three misdemeanor dui charges, the highest charge was extreme dui. I was involved in an accident ( I rear ended another vehicle). I went to court several times. Finally, I overheard the prosecutor tell the judge that he was "DISMISSING WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and he was going to refile felony charges. The judge then called me to the bench and claimed that the charges were dropped and that they could file within one year. My final court date was 9-30-04. What is the statute of limitations ? If they do not refile by 9-29-05 am I all clear of the charges ? I know that the injured person may file a suit against me in civil court later. However, I am more concerned about the DUI charge at this point.
Go to:
http://arizona-criminal-defense.com/Read-Me-Second.htm

Scroll 1/2 way down to, "IF THE GOVERNMENT HASN'T FILED CHARGES AGAINST ME AFTER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, DOES THAT MEAN I PROBABLY WON'T BE CHARGED?"

It reads for a felony charge, Arizona has 7 years to file.

marty9103

since the statute of limitations on the misdemeanor have past, can they use evidence from those crimes to pursue felony charges ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">