• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for DUI - "Swerved into bike lane"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

I wasn't even in an accident in either of my dui cases.
Fortunate for you and your potential victims. Hopefully you have learned from those experiences and no longer drink and drive.

Why not have an organization that goes after Rapists and make them pay thru the nose to make an organization rich?? Why isn't there one??
I don't know? Why isn't there?

MADD came into being because, at the time, DUI laws were horrendously weak, often poorly enforced, and there was little in the way of prevention activity. MADD stepped in to fill a void and now we have programs to try and interve to prevent DUI. The fact that the carnage has not significantly increased during the same period of time that the number of miles driven by Americans has, says a lot about our prevention efforts - prevention efforts that can often trace their roots to the activities of groups like MADD.

I know you like the fact the MADD is a multi-million dollar business and want them to get more money, but not everybody is duped.
Who's being duped? They are what they are. Most people don't care about them and don't think about them. If they offer services that are used by the courts or by local health services agencies and schools as part of an overall prevention program, great! If you want to get a piece of that pie, offer similar services and promote them as a healthy alternative to programs that MADD and similar organizations might provide. If they provide a needed service, then people will pay for it.

It's like the ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, Anti-Defamation League, and the Rainbow Coalition. Big extortion businesses disguised as charity groups. Once it becomes all about the money and power, it has become corrupt.
Wow ... way to try and lump all sorts of disparate groups into one pot!

Let's see ... I have no problem with MADD, disagree with 90% of the ACLU's positions, used to like the SPLC but have found them less than desirable in recent years, have no real bug with the ADL, and haven't heard much from the Rainbow Coalition (they seem to be a non-player) so I have no real opinion one way or the other.

MADD, of course, is a single-issue advocacy group, the others you mention are not. And, arguably, they have agendas that cover a much broader spectrum than MADD, so it's really not an apt comparison. You can assign labels such as "conservative" or "liberal" to the type of groups you name, but MADD defies any such label as it is not a political organization in the sense that it appeals to a particular constituency. I think combating impaired driving crosses the political spectrum.

quincy

... Wow ... way to try and lump all sorts of disparate groups into one pot! ...
And, Carl, it is important to note that this is not even witzeroni's pot he is lumping everything into.

Apologies should go to BadNewsBeers for having his thread from November of 2013 hi-jacked and diverted by witzeroni, a convicted drunk driver who has an agenda and who has been spamming this section of the forum with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">