• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for DUI while in passenger seat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cwillyrhe

What is the name of your state? Hawaii
I was arrested in a vehicle (a friend and I were comming back from hunting and been drinking)
His Blazer started acting up so we pulled over and he went to get a tow truck so I stayed behind to watch over our weapons. while taking a snooze in the passenger seat a cop shhowed up and called me out and proceeded to give me tests. I told him I dont own this vehicle and that I dont even have the keys for it and the owner is comming back witha tow truck. Well I went to jail. its been about 4 years since and being I felt I was right I ssaid screw them. Now I just want to go to court and resolve this. Any comments were they justified? 'Can I lose my liscense?

HomeGuru

cwillyrhe said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii
I was arrested in a vehicle (a friend and I were comming back from hunting and been drinking)
His Blazer started acting up so we pulled over and he went to get a tow truck so I stayed behind to watch over our weapons. while taking a snooze in the passenger seat a cop shhowed up and called me out and proceeded to give me tests. I told him I dont own this vehicle and that I dont even have the keys for it and the owner is comming back witha tow truck. Well I went to jail. its been about 4 years since and being I felt I was right I ssaid screw them.

**A: so you went to jail for 4 years? Are you still in jail? i thought in Hawaya, when you commit a crime, the natives just throw you into the live volcano.

Now I just want to go to court and resolve this. Any comments were they justified? 'Can I lose my liscense?

**A: what is the complete story? You have left out a lot of facts here. Or were you too drunk to remember?

C

cwillyrhe

lmfao I only wish if were that easy to be in the volcano at times. no I was not convicted what I mean and sorry for mistating, this happened 4 years ago and I never went back to court for it there is a warrant for me for that but I dont do nothing to have police around me to ask me my name Ive been dodging it. Now I want to go to court and put this aside if that means jail time or not

HomeGuru

cwillyrhe said:
lmfao I only wish if were that easy to be in the volcano at times. no I was not convicted what I mean and sorry for mistating, this happened 4 years ago and I never went back to court for it there is a warrant for me for that but I dont do nothing to have police around me to ask me my name Ive been dodging it. Now I want to go to court and put this aside if that means jail time or not
**A: wow, you have a bench warrant on your ass. This is not something to take lightly. You are a fugitive from the law. You better find an attorney and do it like yesterday. And I know you are on the Big Island.

C

cwillyrhe

HomeGuru said:
**A: wow, you have a bench warrant on your ass. This is not something to take lightly. You are a fugitive from the law. You better find an attorney and do it like yesterday. And I know you are on the Big Island.
Nah Oahu but as I stated does the cop have that right to arrest me for DUI?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cwillyrhe said:
Nah Oahu but as I stated does the cop have that right to arrest me for DUI?

My response:

It doesn't matter. It's a moot issue. You're now a fugitive, and you're surrounded by water! No place to run, and no place to hide.

Perhaps that "volcano" idea wasn't so far-fetched after all!

IAAL

C

cwillyrhe

lmao atleast you left out the swimming part. that I can do guess Ill have to go turn myself in and let them do their best (hopefully the volcano is the solution).

HomeGuru

cwillyrhe said:
Nah Oahu

**A: that's what I said the Big Island. The island of Oahu is where the state capital Honolulu is located, and Honolulu is also the largest city in Hawaii in terms of population and economic base. Of course not including the illegal pot and ice sales. Therefore Oahu is considered the Big Island not to be confused by the island of Hawaii also called the Big Island which is physically the biggest island in the Hawaiian chain.

but as I stated does the cop have that right to arrest me for DUI?

**A: you should posed that question at the time and hired an attorney to argue your case. I think you would have got the charge dismissed. Instead you did the worst thing by not appearing in court. Me thinks you better go to Peacock Flats and camp there until Hawaii reverts back to a territory and the king rules.

HomeGuru

cwillyrhe said:
lmao atleast you left out the swimming part. that I can do guess Ill have to go turn myself in and let them do their best (hopefully the volcano is the solution).
**A: ha, those sharks surrounding the islands are worst than the beach bum attorneys.

C

cwillyrhe

Tigers and a Rare White shark I'm better off with the bum attorney or the VOLCANO!!!
All jokes aside fleeing from the law is straight up guilt, which is how I see it in my opinion, but would I have had a case in my favour if I had settled this way back then?

C

cwillyrhe

NVM I just seen what you said above that.. see you got me laughing I missed everthing else.. dam you!! and BTW FYI thank you atleast while I stew in jail I can say 4 years ago I would have walked away! after jail time ill go jump in that VOLCANO

HomeGuru

cwillyrhe said:
Tigers and a Rare White shark I'm better off with the bum attorney or the VOLCANO!!!
All jokes aside fleeing from the law is straight up guilt, which is how I see it in my opinion, but would I have had a case in my favour if I had settled this way back then?
**A: yes, quite possibly.

C

cwillyrhe

If anyone else reads this post Ive been reading these for 3 days now since I singed up and will say if your new and all heated up about a query, read read read, you will find there are ppl in here that give you snappy answers, but with due respect think about it. to them your questions are either 1. not hard to figure out. 2. good question best to leave alone let someone else that knows answer. so all in all if you get a snappy answer and dont see the humour in it. its because to those that do answer, it is easy to see and if its on your part or against your part take that with a grain cause you came for advice and its on your part to take the answer how you viewed it.

HomeGuru

cwillyrhe said:
If anyone else reads this post Ive been reading these for 3 days now since I singed up and will say if your new and all heated up about a query, read read read, you will find there are ppl in here that give you snappy answers, but with due respect think about it. to them your questions are either 1. not hard to figure out. 2. good question best to leave alone let someone else that knows answer. so all in all if you get a snappy answer and dont see the humour in it. its because to those that do answer, it is easy to see and if its on your part or against your part take that with a grain cause you came for advice and its on your part to take the answer how you viewed it.
**A: yes, very well stated. You sound like an attorney I once knew.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">