• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Austin DWI.. confusion..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suruwat

What is the name of your state? Austin

I got a link about Austin DWI.
But I got lot of confusion because this site has terms that I don't know at all.

I cant understand the following phrase
The specific criminal offense may be called, depending on the jurisdiction, driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving while impaired (also DWI ), operating while intoxicated (OWI), operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (OMVI), driving under the influence [of alcohol or other drugs] (DUI), driving under the combined influence of alcohol and/or other drugs, driving under the influence per se or drunk in charge [of a vehicle]. Such laws may also apply to boating (as in Canada), piloting aircraft, and even bicycling in some states such as California.
Please leave the comment explaining me about those terms

thanks

Happy Trails

What is the name of your state? Austin

I got a link about Austin DWI.
But I got lot of confusion because this site has terms that I don't know at all.

I cant understand the following phrase

Please leave the comment explaining me about those terms

thanks
What don't you understand?

Depending on where you are at - they might use different terms. But it is still the same offense; drinking too much and/or under the influence of drugs a person should not operate a motorized vehicle.

seniorjudge

What don't you understand?

Depending on where you are at - they might use different terms. But it is still the same offense; drinking too much and/or under the influence of drugs a person should not operate a motorized vehicle.
Seems clear to me.

Tell us which words you don't understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">