• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Luck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JamesRustles

In February I was pulled over for making a sharp turn to avoid missing the exit on the interstate in Georgia. The reason for this is because I was following my GPS app on my phone and it froze for a few seconds and then unfroze. When I got pulled over I did a field test and I know for a fact I passed them all. After the breathalyzer the officer put me in handcuffs and turns out that I blew a .084.

After 2 days in jail I requested a hearing for my license and got one. At the hearing they told me that if I were to plead guilty then my license won't be suspended, then they gave me another date to come back with an attorney. The second hearing date is May 4th and the actual court date is May 8th.

Any advice on what I should do? Broke college student getting an attorney is not going to happen. Plus I just got hired at a job a couple weeks after I was released from jail so if I lose my license I lose my job. Bad enough that I'm already homeless.

Anyway for me to save my license?

dave33

In February I was pulled over for making a sharp turn to avoid missing the exit on the interstate in Georgia. The reason for this is because I was following my GPS app on my phone and it froze for a few seconds and then unfroze. When I got pulled over I did a field test and I know for a fact I passed them all. After the breathalyzer the officer put me in handcuffs and turns out that I blew a .084.

After 2 days in jail I requested a hearing for my license and got one. At the hearing they told me that if I were to plead guilty then my license won't be suspended, then they gave me another date to come back with an attorney. The second hearing date is May 4th and the actual court date is May 8th.

Any advice on what I should do? Broke college student getting an attorney is not going to happen. Plus I just got hired at a job a couple weeks after I was released from jail so if I lose my license I lose my job. Bad enough that I'm already homeless.

Anyway for me to save my license?
The bottom line is this... With no money you will just have to go through the process and take whatever deal they will give you. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">