• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adrn19

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I had got a DUI in July 1997 and my license was revoked for 3 months while i was in the military, I paid the fine somewhere around May 1998 and I went to in AA class thru the military, the military did not send the document saying that i completed the class to the civilian authorities and now the military does not have the information because they only keep it for 2 years. But my problem now is I have a Bench Warrant for not appearing in court even though i never got anything saying i had another court date after paying the fine at the court. I found out last week the court date was in Nov 98. The court is in Hawaii and I left Hawaii in 2000 it's been 7 years and I can not renew my license because of this, could someone tell me what I need to do? Is there a statue of limitations on bench warrants in Hawaii

JETX

adrn19 said:
could someone tell me what I need to do?
Yep. Contact law enforcement in Hawaii about how to resolve the outstanding warrant.

Is there a statue of limitations on bench warrants in Hawaii
Nope. The warrant will remain viable until it is closed... by your return to court or dismissal by the prosecutor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">