• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant for Missed Class Deadline 6/17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chasingthetrane

California

Hi all,

I received a warrant for my arrest this week for failing to complete my last Youth Alcohol awareness class by 6/17 in Orange County. I will be going to court on this Friday and I am worried as to what the outcome will be.

I am going to state to the judge that I could not pay for the class on time due to some fees I had to pay in order to graduate from my four year university this past spring. I will be signing up for the class right after court if I am allowed an extension and reinstate my probation. This is the last class I have to complete as I have already completed my 3 month required course and the MADD course a couple of months back. Will I risk jail time when I show up this Friday?

I will printing out my application to graduate and my bill state from May to support my claims, what else should I do to ensure the best chances of getting an extension on this class and reinstating my probation? I do not have any prior offenses on my record.

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
California

Hi all,

I received a warrant for my arrest this week for failing to complete my last Youth Alcohol awareness class by 6/17 in Orange County. I will be going to court on this Friday and I am worried as to what the outcome will be.

I am going to state to the judge that I could not pay for the class on time due to some fees I had to pay in order to graduate from my four year university this past spring. I will be signing up for the class right after court if I am allowed an extension and reinstate my probation. This is the last class I have to complete as I have already completed my 3 month required course and the MADD course a couple of months back. Will I risk jail time when I show up this Friday?

I will printing out my application to graduate and my bill state from May to support my claims, what else should I do to ensure the best chances of getting an extension on this class and reinstating my probation? I do not have any prior offenses on my record.

Thanks!
You might risk jail time. Why did you think the class was optional? It should have been a priority. You were ORDERED to be there. It was NOT a suggestion.

FlyingRon

Why do you think your other tuition has priority over your obligations to the court. That argument is specious. The court will consider it's orders to have priority over everything else in your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">