• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BP25662 (A) Minor Possess alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heyheyhey

I have recently been charged with a Minor possessing alcohol misdemeanor in the area of Mountain View California. I am 18 years old currently. Out of the three people which were with me at the time I was the only one who actually got the citation.
On various forums I have read that I will be charged with a 1 year license suspension, but I do not drive yet nor were I anywhere close to even being in a car so is it still applicable?
what other possible consequences I will probably face? I heard that I might receive a year in jail for this.
I do not have any money for a lawyer, so is there any way I can get a city appointed lawyer because if I am correct I do not have to pay for him, right?

I have seen a thread with such misdemeanors over and over again, but I have noticed that they are not up to date. Sorry for re posting if I am.

FlyingRon

You need to be 21 to possess alcohol.
The fact that others may have not been cited is immaterial to your case.

$250 and 24-36 hours of community service. Jail isn't a possibility.
You will have your license suspended for one year. It is not necessary for you to have been driving or in a car for this to happen. If you're not licensed, you won't be able to get a license until this time period is up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">