• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother in jail Right Now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetdel

What is the name of your state? OK

My brother is in jail for his third offense in about 2 - 21/2 years. He is actually only 6 mths into clearing up his second and in jail for his third. His bond of course has gone up and no one has the money. We, (my family and I), want him to keep his job, but are worried he won't get out in time. Because we cannot afford his bond we are hoping he can get a court appointed attorney. His court date is set for 2/8. I am wondering what will happen at this time if he does not have a lawyer. Does anyone have any advice?

FlyingRon

If he is trully indigent a public defender will be appointed. Am I to understand he was on probation for the second when he committed a new offense?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">