• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(CA) Do i need DUI school done in order to get my license back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dipano17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So I got 2 DUI's about 6 years ago, and I'm done with court things and no i'm not on warrant or anything (I had issues that i reported to court so i was fine with not attending dui school)

I know that by the time I got DUIs I was told that I have to finish 18-month dui-school program in order to get my license back but is this still the case?

Some say it wouldn't matter if 20 years had passed since last dui unless one finishes the dui-school program. Is this true?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So I got 2 DUI's about 6 years ago, and I'm done with court things and no i'm not on warrant or anything (I had issues that i reported to court so i was fine with not attending dui school)

I know that by the time I got DUIs I was told that I have to finish 18-month dui-school program in order to get my license back but is this still the case?

Some say it wouldn't matter if 20 years had passed since last dui unless one finishes the dui-school program. Is this true?
What did the DMV say when you asked them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">