• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA DUI, Never Convicted, DMV Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bighurk

Alright guys I've searched the forums a little bit but could not find the answer that I seek... Here is my question.

I was arrested for a DUI and Possession of Controlled Substance (UNTRUE) in August of 2009. The drug part: Empty bag of protein Powder. I was detained at the Police Station and later released around 5 AM. The police officer had me do a field sobriety check and I had no problem with it and then he made me blow a breathalyzer which according to him was a 0.11 I never even looked at breathalyzer and a couple of hours later he made me do another breath test and after that I did a blood test. All this was 2 years ago.

I called DMV in April to see if I can get the DUI off my driving record since I was never convicted and the person on the phone had told me that if I can get a letter from the police dept saying that it was an unlawful arrest then they would be able to take it off my record. After that, I asked a the police station and they told me to contact the detective and everything but with no luck then I was sent to the supervisor of the Records Bureau and they had told me to sign a petition to seal my record (Penal Code 851.8) and then once approved they can seal up my criminal record.

I called DMV again today and they told me that there was no way to take the DUI off my record and I had to wait 13 years for it to come off because I admitted to the DMV hearing. The reason for that was because I didnt now what to do at that point 2 years ago and had thought that's how I can get a restricted license.

I know I screwed up big time for even driving in the first place but I really need some help because I recently became licensed as an EMT and I am afraid that with that on my record, no ambulance companies will take me in for another 2-3 years. At this point I do not have a job and with no experience with anything else but a certification in EMT.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a way in which I can clear up my DMV record? Please reply to this post or contact me via PM.

Any help from someone is much appreciated! Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">