• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California: Minor, DUI. Questions about License.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Matter

What is the name of your state? California

Hello. I received a DUI almost a year ago in October. I was minor yes and I am now 20. Since then alot has happened and I havnt drove since the night it happened. A year ago on Oct 14th. I was enrolled in DUI classes but had to relocate because of a job offer that I couldnt refuse. I have not missed and Court fee's but I know that has nothing to do w. the DMV. I now hjold a very legit job, and can easily pay the fines. My question is this.

Seeing that it has almost been a SOLID year w/o license nor driving. I am going to the courts in a week to re-instate into classes. I would like to get some information on obtaining a restricted license seeing the solid year is nearly up, and I need a license to get to classes and work considering I have to drive to finish the lcasses, and drive to work. I have not a problem finishing the classes and paying them off. I would like to get a restricted license seeing I have fallowed the law and not drove since the inccedent a year ago.

Any feed-back is welcome I will be checking this thread frequently. Thank you in advance.What is the name of your state?

Matter

I am under age, I have finiacial responsibility, and it has been a year in a month.. How can I find out more..

Matter

Hmm I recall the judge stating they have nothing to do w/ the DMV and getting a restricted license.. Am I wrong, or are you just trying to up your post count on a law board?

Shay-Pari'e

You quit your classes and moved. I have no doubt in my mind that you had a probation officer that you should have been responding with.

Big time trouble for you.

Matter

You quit your classes and moved. I have no doubt in my mind that you had a probation officer that you should have been responding with.

Big time trouble for you.
No I was not put on formal probation, and I didnt QUIT the classes.. This was a first offence.

Matter

Yea I didnt skip the classes and bounce outta state.. I guess I'll just have to handle it and see.. No one can really tell besides the man

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">