• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I leave California with a pending DUI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JV25

What is the name of your state?
California

I was pulled over in early December 2007 and I have a DMV hearing and court appearance in a couple weeks. (Middle of January) Can someone please tell me if I can leave for my new job with a pending DUI? The job should still be available for me in early March, but I'm afraid that I won't have all my classes, community service done by then. What is the fastest way for me to get this over with? By the way I blew a .09% and it was raining, so my lawyer already told me he might be able to plea a "wet reckless" Also does it help if I bring in a document to the court saying that the company has offered me a job and I need to leave California sometime in March? Please, someone tell me what I should do and what I should expect considering I only blew a .09% BAC. Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">