• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't make it to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idiotdriver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.C.

I have a court appearance for a DUI charge tommorrow morning, but I'm 4 hours away and have absolutely no way of making it. I've tried to make arrangements to get there, but I have had no luck. I don't want a warrant for my arrest, so what can I do?

BigMistakeFl

Take the bus, call a taxi, pay a friend to drive you, ride your bike or start walking. It's that important that you not blow this appearance. I didn't like telling anyone about my DUI, wanted to keep it a secret, but need overruled ego and I begged. I also got in very good shape from riding my bike everywhere.... yeah, even in the driving Florida rain.

cyjeff

I agree.

This is not a maybe appointment.

If you do not go to court, a warrant can be issued for your arrest for failure to appear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">