• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car breathalyzer someone else blew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lilame2169

A friEnd of mine came over one morning and when I left to visit my sister (across the street) she decided to see if she could blow in my breathalyzer, I did not know about this! When I got back 2 hours later she asked if she could try it out so that way I don't always have to drive. She did and it was fine we drove around and later she drove again. The next day she told me the reason she learned it so quick was because she already had practiced it but it said violation on there so she stopped I about freaked out I already have problems with this thing. Will the camera in it stop my probation officer from violating me? Can it see the passengers in the car? I just don't no what to tell my probation officer or I don't want to be in trouble if I wasn't even the one blowing. Thanks

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No legal advice, but my *personal* advice: change your definition of "friend".

This is not a joking matter and the breathalyzer isn't a toy. A real "friend" would want to help you keep out of trouble with your probation officer.

CavemanLawyer

The camera on a breathalyzer typically only captures the face area of the person blowing. To your probation officer its going to look like you had someone else blow into your breathalyzer for you so that you can drive after drinking. You could face an allegation of a probation violation for operating your vehicle without employing the breathalyzer. But breathalyzers also require you to blow again at different intervals to prevent having someone else blow for you. So think back to this car trip you took and hopefully you had to also blow while you were driving to prove that you weren't blowing above 0.00.

But seriously, stop playing with your breathalyzer.

burkevalocks

A friEnd of mine came over one morning and when I left to visit my sister (across the street) she decided to see if she could blow in my breathalyzer, I did not know about this! When I got back 2 hours later she asked if she could try it out so that way I don't always have to drive. She did and it was fine we drove around and later she drove again. The next day she told me the reason she learned it so quick was because she already had practiced it but it said violation on there so she stopped I about freaked out I already have problems with this thing. Will the camera in it stop my probation officer from violating me? Can it see the passengers in the car? I just don't no what to tell my probation officer or I don't want to be in trouble if I wasn't even the one blowing. Thanks

I wouldnt be messing with the breathalyzer. The interlock records all the times a driver takes the test and their alcohol level. Each month's results are sent to the driver's probation officer. Failing the test could add to the time a driver has the interlock. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">