• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case closed after missing hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dugant195

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio, Clearmont County
Charge: DUI
Situation:

I received a DUI a couple of months ago and missed my hearing. Instead of being responsible I neglected to reschedule my court date and went about my business. I haven't heard anything about the case since then, and was almost arrested for another warrant I have out two weeks ago. When that happened they held me up and recited me for the other warrant (in another county so they let me go) and they didn't say anything about my DUI, which was in the county that I was pulled over and almost arrested in so they would have known if I had a warrant. Now I went on to the clerks website to look up my case and saw it listed as closed very much like the speeding tickets I received when I was younger that have been resolved. My question is if it is closed does that mean that I am free and clear? Or does it mean something else?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Instead of speculating why don't you call the court and find out. If you are trusting a website to tell you this information you don't care very much about getting locked up again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">