• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught driving with Suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fates114

What is the name of your state? PA

When my significant other was 17 he got a series of underages and got his license suspended until he was 25. When he was 21 he was caught drivin and got a DUI, but since is PA with your first offense if you plead guilty and get admitted into the ARD program, they drop all other charges, so he didnt get in trouble for driving without a license. He is now 24, turning 25 in Jan, and I heard that eventhough his DUI was only for 6 months his whole suspension since he was 17 would be considered for a DUI.

Well recently he has changed his life for the better and gotten it on track and went back to school. He was stuck for transportation to a final and drove on his own to take it and got caught. He now has a hearing in 10 days to determine what will happen. I understand that can could be facing 90 days in jail. What steps can we take to convince the judge to give him house arrest becuase he is in school and he is really trying hard to get his life back on track? Are all my previous statements about the suspension being considered a DUI correct?? He is fine with accepting the fines and losing his license for another year and will look into an OLL license after this.. however we need to figure out anyway possible to get house arrest instead of jail time.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">