• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing state.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhoang1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KS
I'm 19, international student. I got my driver license in Kansas and I got my first DWI in Minnesota while spending holiday in here.My record was very clean until then. BAC 0.15. I'm planning to transfer to a school in Minnesota in a month. I'll have my first court day at the end of January in Minnesota. I want to ask what should I do with my Kansas license. sooner or later Kansas will know about my DWI. Should i cancel my Kansas license as soon as possible before the court date?
Thanks guys
Any advice is appreciated

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You cannot get a Minnesota license until you establish residency in that state. In the mean time, if you want to turn in your other license be our guest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">