• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused..Sheriff's dept says there is a warrant, but Clerk of Courts says no warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PENNSYLVANIA

A friend had a DUI incedant in 2004, but moved shortly afterward and never recieved any paperwork (and ignored it). He assumes there is a warrant on him, so I went to the Clerk of Courts to check on the warrant, and also get a copy of the police report (I'm trying to talk him into dealing with it). Oddly, nothing shows up in the clerk of courts. No mention of of this incedant whatsoever, and I asked the worker 3 times if she was sure there was no warrant, she said no. She said if there was a warrant, a red W would show up.

My friend told me to call the Sheriff's Dept, so I did. The sheriff's dept claims there IS a warrant.

Who do I believe, and how can I find out for sure????

Why there is no record of this offense in the county clerk office? Something just doesn't seem right.

redman12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PENNSYLVANIA

A friend had a DUI incedant in 2004, but moved shortly afterward and never recieved any paperwork (and ignored it). He assumes there is a warrant on him, so I went to the Clerk of Courts to check on the warrant, and also get a copy of the police report (I'm trying to talk him into dealing with it). Oddly, nothing shows up in the clerk of courts. No mention of of this incedant whatsoever, and I asked the worker 3 times if she was sure there was no warrant, she said no. She said if there was a warrant, a red W would show up.

My friend told me to call the Sheriff's Dept, so I did. The sheriff's dept claims there IS a warrant.

Who do I believe, and how can I find out for sure????

Why there is no record of this offense in the county clerk office? Something just doesn't seem right.
May be have the court house call the Sheriff department to clear things up. Just a thought.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">