• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confusion prior to taking the BAC test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdbofky

The email went to my spam folder because it came from an unknown source. That is a common occurrence. I've responded with my bar number, etc. I would make a modest suggestion from what I've seen on other sites. A simple "welcome" sticky post letting new members know what is expected would avoid confusion, and particularly if some confirming email after the initial registration email should be expected. Similarly, a suggested time for considering posts "stale" would be informative as well. My only motivation is to be helpful to others. While others have been here a long time, I can assure you that I have experience and knowledge that can be helpful.

quincy

The email went to my spam folder because it came from an unknown source. That is a common occurrence. I've responded with my bar number, etc. I would make a modest suggestion from what I've seen on other sites. A simple "welcome" sticky post letting new members know what is expected would avoid confusion, and particularly if some confirming email after the initial registration email should be expected. Similarly, a suggested time for considering posts "stale" would be informative as well. My only motivation is to be helpful to others. While others have been here a long time, I can assure you that I have experience and knowledge that can be helpful.
A "welcome" sticky for new members, that has a list of the currently-unwritten forum rules, is a good idea. It would no doubt improve the current system of "learn as you go."

That said, I know similar suggestions have been made in the past. There have been, for example, many many requests by forum members to have old threads automatically locked after a certain period of time. I am not sure what the reasons are for keeping them open as most posters who return to the forum after a long period of time do not add to their old threads but start new ones instead.

At any rate, you can consider this my belated "welcome to the forum" post, jdbofky. I don't think anyone has questioned that your posts have been good additions to the threads where you have posted. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">