• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consuming in a Passenger Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JonW

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

I have a court date tomorrow 2 hours away from where I live. I'm 21, this is my first occurrence besides something I was charged with when I was 16, did community service and it was expunged.

Here are the circumstances:

"(Possess an open container of) (Consume) an alcoholic beverage in the passenger area of a motor vehicle. G.S. 20-138.7(a1)."

My friend was driving, she is 19 and got pulled over for going 10mph over the speed limit, she got a DWI. The cop noticed the beer can on the floor board, I admitted it was mine, he gave me the ticket.

Her court day, time, and location is in the same place. That means she'll be in the same room, with the same cop that gave us the tickets.

I'm wondering what my court costs will look like, and what my fine will look like. I'll only be able to pay $430.00 (that's all I have).

I've been told I should expect a $200 fine and alcohol classes.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">