• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

woodpusher

got a dui in Illinois then moved to virginia. was found to be moderate risk II so had to finish two sets of classes. first set i completed and am yet to finish the second set. half of fine paid off but still have the other half to go.. my deadline to finish everything has come and gone. its been about a year since i was supposed to have everything finished.. my question is if i just finish the second half of my classes and pay off the rest of my fines to the court what steps do i then take to get my license back.. and will i need a lawyer to get those steps moving in the right direction..

JETX

my deadline to finish everything has come and gone. its been about a year since i was supposed to have everything finished.. my question is if i just finish the second half of my classes and pay off the rest of my fines to the court what steps do i then take to get my license back..
Since the time provided by the court has expired without you complying with the court order, it is likely that a warrant has been issued for your arrest... and also that the original punishment (that was set aside with your 'deal') might be imposed.

and will i need a lawyer to get those steps moving in the right direction..
I would certainly recommend one in this case.

I recommend that you do what ever you have to to finish the treatment. Then deal with the fine.

What ever you do: Don't get caught driving in Illinois!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">