• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to Minor with alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbratch34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

On a friday night we were going to nashville to a concert for my birthday, two of my friends one the age of 21 which was the driver and hadn't been drinking, and the passenger who is 20 had been drinking, and myself in the backseat am 21 and had been drinking. There was a 12 pack of beer in the back seat with five open containers. The 20 yr old was charged for underage consumption, myself charged for contributing to a minor, driver charged with open container. The 20 yr. old was drinking before he even got in the car and didn't get the beer from me, what can we expect in court and it is the first time ever being in trouble at all. All go to college and 2 are in nursing school and one applying and what effect will it have? I dont want anything on my record, any help would be appreciated

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

On a friday night we were going to nashville to a concert for my birthday, two of my friends one the age of 21 which was the driver and hadn't been drinking, and the passenger who is 20 had been drinking, and myself in the backseat am 21 and had been drinking. There was a 12 pack of beer in the back seat with five open containers. The 20 yr old was charged for underage consumption, myself charged for contributing to a minor, driver charged with open container. The 20 yr. old was drinking before he even got in the car and didn't get the beer from me, what can we expect in court and it is the first time ever being in trouble at all. All go to college and 2 are in nursing school and one applying and what effect will it have? I dont want anything on my record, any help would be appreciated
too late. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cyjeff

Agreed.

You have the unenviable task of convincing a judge that you were not only drinking five simultaneous beers but that your young friend was not drinking any of them.

Jbratch34

its not that I wasn't drinking the beer, I was only charged with contributing, not open container. I just want to know if there could be a quick diversion and do some community service and get it off my record with a fine, or if it will be a long probation sentence. I take responsibility but who doesn't drink when they are a junior in college and going to a concert for a friends 21 birthday.

who doesn't drink when they are a junior in college and going to a concert for a friends 21 birthday.

Hopefully the friends that are not 21 don't drink. You took a risk, broke the law, and now you need to pay the piper. You obviously have no remorse for your infraction so a diversion program would have no effect.

I take responsibility
Then be prepared to have this charge and conviction on your record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">